My phone rings. It's an unknown number. I'm stupid and I answer it.
Me: Who is this?
Person on the other end: Your favorite person in the whole world.
Me: (thinks) Who is...?
Person on the other end: Your favorite person.
Me: Okay who is this really?
Person: Your boss, Jose.
Me: (thinking: crap!) Oh hi, what's up?
Boss: Ha, now you sound all polite. What are you doing tomorrow morning?
Me: Tomorrow morning is really not a good time.
B: But what are you doing?
Me: I have class at 10.
B: What about from 8 to 10?
Me: Um, sleeping?
B: So...
Me: I have a lot of work to do tonight so I'm probably going to be sleeping late. I don't think I can work tomorrow morning.
B: So why aren't you doing your work now? Why are you talking to me on the phone?
Me: Well, because the phone rang and when the phone rings you normally answer it.
B: (grilling) What work do you have?
Me: I have to fill out an application and I have a lot of schoolwork.
B: An application? You already have a job.
Me: (and what a greeeeeat job that is) Not for a job, for this newspaper thing.
B: Come on, you really can't come in for 2 hours?
Me: (exasperated) There's a reason I only asked for 4 hours this quarter!
B: No, you asked for 5 hours. I gave you 4. And you know why? To show you some love. So come on, do me this favor.
Me: (trying to sound forceful) But YOU made that choice. I'm sorry but I really don't think I can work tomorrow [and still function like a normal human being afterwards].
B: Okay fine. I'll bug you later in the week. I might need you for a closing shift.
DAMMIT. I knew I shouldn't have put all 10 digits correctly.
Monday, January 12, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment