http://www.ew.com/ew/article/0,,20235010,00.html
http://www.cinemablend.com/new/Twilight-Takes-Over-Entertainment-Weekly-9480.html
Maybe I would have more respect for EW if they didn't put a giant poster of Twilight on their cover in July. Call me biased but I think that pretty much destroys any credibility they might have had.
How can I take a movie seriously when one of the two main leads has no facial expression whatsoever and the other played Cedric Diggory in Harry Potter 4?
And coming straight from the author herself:
''I just know I'm too much of a wuss for Stephen King's books,'' admits Stephenie Meyer, sweet-voiced author of Eclipse, the third book in her hugely successful ''vampire love saga'' for young adults. ''I'm waaay too chicken to read horror.''
(Who's described as "sweet-voiced" these days? I can totally picture her answering all their "serious" literary questions with a high-pitched valley girl's accent that becomes even more pronounced when she goes into a rant about Edward Cullen, who is apparently Meyer's --ooh, the Twilight god(dess) -- gift to humanity (or just really desperate 12-year-old girls). Like, OMFG! Can it, like, get any better than this?!)
EW: Is it true you've never seen a vampire movie?
"I've seen little pieces of Interview with a Vampire when it was on TV, but I kind of always go YUCK! I don't watch R-rated movies, so that really cuts down on a lot of the horror. And I think I've seen a couple of pieces of The Lost Boys, which my husband liked, and he wanted me to watch it once, but I was like, It's creepy!"
Ladies and Gentlemen, this is the author whose claim to fame is her best-selling series on ("YUCK!") vampires. Now that's creepy.
P.S. And I can't fully trust anyone who doesn't watch R-rated movies (especially if it's because they consider them to be "creepy"). I mean, that's (at least) half the good stuff right there. What's even more sad (well, not for me) is that I've been watching R-rated movies since I was like 10. And she couldn't get through Anne Rice?
Wednesday, October 22, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment